Here is a list of online platforms & resources which you may find useful if you are exploring the option of delivering music lessons remotely.
You will also find more general music-making resources on our links page HERE.
Zoom is proving to be one of the more popular and effective platforms for interactive lessons. The free version allows for 40 min sessions.
Here are some helpful videos to get started:
- Beginner’s Tutorial for Teaching Online with Zoom
- Teaching Music Online using Zoom
- Using Zoom for Large Choirs
- Getting Set Up for Online Music Lessons using Zoom
Suitable for uploading pre-recorded videos or doing live streams. Here are some helpful videos on how to set up a youtube channel:
We will be launching a dedicated ‘MGCC Online Learning’ youtube channel in the coming weeks.
Vimeo – Suitable for uploading pre-recorded videos
Facebook – Facebook live or video sharing via a private Facebook group (if social media is an appropriate medium for your group)
Facetime (for mac/iPhone users)
Outlook Office 365
Systems for Schools / Colleges:
You may also find these pages helpful:
- IAYO – Online Teaching Resources
- Musical Futures – Top 10 Resources for Music Teachers Planning for Students Working From Home
- NYMAZ – Online Music Teaching Resources
- Smart Music – Preparing to Teach Music Remotely
If you have any other useful tips or links not already listed here, please do share them with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.