Music Mash Up provides access for young people of all abilities to learn music in a fun, relaxed and inclusive way.
Music Mash Up is a partnership project established by Music Generation Cork City, Cope Foundation, Foroige Lotamore, Foroige Mayfield, Foroige St. Joseph’s, Music Generation Cork City, Voices of Cork Choir and Community Volunteers.
Music Mash Up is an innovative community collaboration between Music Therapy, Music Education, Community Music and Youth Work, providing weekly group workshops in the areas of Vocals, Performance, Technology and Song Writing. Young people are also introduced to instruments including Guitar, Ukulele, Bass Guitar, Drums and much more.
After-School / Community Programme Locations:
- The Orchards, COPE Foundation
- St. Joseph’s Youth Centre, Mayfield
- Terence MacSwiney Community College, Knocknaheeny
- Sundays Well Boy’s N.S.
- Kerrigan / Tyrell Community Centre
- Lotamore Family Resource Centre
- Scoil Mhuire agus Eoin, Mayfield
- Scoil Eanna, Montenotte
- St. Marks BNS, The Glen
- St. Pauls Special School, Montenotte
- School of the Divine Child, Lavanagh
- Gaelscoil an Ghort Alainn, Mayfield
- Mayfield Community School
- Scoil Bernadette, Montenotte
- St. Killians, Mayfield
Annual / Past Events presented by Music Mash Up:
- Music Mash Up annual Inclusive Summer Music Camps
- Various City-wide concerts (venues have included Blackpool and Mayfield Libraries, St. Luke’s Church, Cork Opera House, Cork City Hall, Mansion House Dublin and more)
How to Get Involved
If you are interested in volunteering your time or skills, teaching on one of these programmes, or are a young person looking to join one of the community music groups, please contact:
Eamon Nash (Cope Foundation) 021 4643229
Deirdre Dennigan (Forogie Mayfield): 0868523077
Martina O Keffee (Foroige Lotamore) Martina O’Keeffe 0863682061
Or Sign Up through our website: http://www.musicmashup.ie/classes/